Monday, October 09, 2006

I've missed a couple weeks...

...and still nothing exciting to report. Work has been busy, family has been abundant, and free time has been sparse. Jeanette, Greg and Dad to a 3 day trip to TN to pick up their belongings and I took some vacation time to help mom with the 4 kiddos at home. Talk about an exhausting vacation! I was looking forward to going back to work. I don't know how people with twins or triplets do it let alone those that have higher multiple births.

I'll be heading to Detroit Wednesday morning for MLA Conference. It is coming a little earlier this year and I'm hoping that I will gather a lot of new ideas and knowledge for my job. I've already gathered some ideas from my class this year with Children's Literature. I had to observe a story time at another library for one of my papers. I went to the Morton Township Library with my niece Lauryn and was very impressed by their program. They filled a whole hour with finger plays, songs, story, craft and snack. I could tell that most of the kids came regularly because they knew the plays and what to do.

Book reading has been slow lately as I've had to read several children's books for class but I did start Nora Roberts new Trilogy. It is definatly different than most of her others as she is tackling Vampires and Time Travel. I'm anxious for the next 2 books just to know how it all plays out.

No comments: