Monday, June 13, 2005

When you are in demand...

...you never get to relax! After a weekend it doesn't seem right that you have more time to relax at work than you did over the weekend. Friday night I attended the One Book, Eleven Communities author visit. While nobody from Lakeview attended it was still a nice crowd and an interesting author. (He's better in person than in writing!) Saturday started with class in Lansing, a wedding in the afternoon, followed by clean up and taking 2 boys home with me. After 9:00 I ended up taking one back to Grandma's because he could still his mind and body enough to want to sleep in my trailer.
So bright and early Sunday Trenton and I got ready for church where I opened the Sunday School hour and the taught the Young Adults class. After a church potluck I took 2 more children home with me and then added a 2nd halfway through the afternoon. Then I loaded 5 children up for a run to McDs followed by another trip to church for song and praise service. After church I finally had a chance to do something for myself!
One movie watched and no books finished out of a whole weekend. Maybe I should move to Nashville! I only have 1 niece there!

1 comment:

Russell Family said...

I think we should do as Sherry suggested: Recreational reading between patrons or phone calls!! That would really help our relaxation time. I am definately too busy at home right now to do much for myself, so why not at work!