Monday, October 18, 2010

There are days...

...when the wrecking ball of life keeps on swinging.


Why is it then that you can never get the wrecking ball to break down the parts of you life that you want demolished? Bad habits multiply, aggravations build higher, animosity forms a stronghold and bitterness becomes a solid foundation.
When all these things build up the joy, happiness, contentment, peace and relaxation tend to come crashing down. It would really be nice if we could control that wrecking ball and have it only demolish the things we want out of our lives and have the rubbish instantly removed. I would remove my addiction to food and my self destructive tendencies. I would demolish my self righteous hang-ups and bust open those fears that hold me captive. I would then build up a God centered life filled with honest compassion for all people and a patience to deal with those same people. A love for myself that sees me as God sees me and not as the mirror reflects me along with seeing others the way God sees them to see their value through His eyes.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

With God all things are possible.... face the fear! Counseling shouldn't hurt either if you feel you can't do it on your own!