Friday, October 01, 2010

Foolish choices...

...deadly decisions! You read about it everyday, people do silly or foolish things and they end in death. We like to use the term 'accident' but is it really an accident when you are intentionally endangering your life? Surfing on subway cars, free climbing tall buildings, diving of cliffs hoping to catch the incoming tide...
In my mind these are all foolish choices and not having an adventurous bone in my body so I'm never tempted with these foolish choices.
What I am tempted by are deadly decisions! You know what decision I mean, the decision to sit down with a whole "Death by Chocolate" layer cake and eat the whole thing. The decision to take the whole quart of ice cream to the couch instead dishing up a serving. (Because you know that if you take the whole quart you'll eat the whole quart even if you tell yourself you'll only have a little) That decision to stay in bed that extra half hour instead of getting up and putting some extra movement in your day. There is also that popular decision to hit the fast food place or the pizza place and pick up dinner after a long day of work instead of going home and fixing a halfway balanced meal.
The risk of early death is high with either scenario. Maybe I should try a few more foolish choices to liven up my life and cut back on the deadly decisions?

No comments: