Friday, September 17, 2010

On a happier note...

...it's Friday! Everyone is back from vacations and we can settle into our work routine to see how our new schedule flows. I'm trying to out run a head cold but my body is in slow motion so I don't know if I'll make it.
I have found that nothing can change an attitude faster than a good nights sleep. There is a reason God gave us night time and it wasn't to stay up with friends, books or TV. Those things are okay when done rarely but night after night not only affects you physically but also mentally and emotionally. I really need to convince myself that no matter how good the book I'm reading is it will still have the same story in it when I pick it up in the morning. I'm finding that I'm losing the ability to sleep in on Saturdays so it is becoming more important that I go to bed at a decent hour. I never was one to stay up late for parties or socializing but I can't remember the number of times I stayed up until the early AM hours with a good book.
Last night was a good night. I went to bed with a stomach that wasn't so full that I felt sick, I had a swig of Nyquil in an attempt to beat this head cold, and turned off the lights around 11:00. I still didn't want to get out of bed this morning but there really aren't very many morning when I do. Something about a nice warm bed and pillows to snuggle with makes for lazy mornings even if I'm not falling back to sleep. So sleep and 5-HTP are making for a better day.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

What new schedule? Library? huhhuh!?.... 9 am anyone?