Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My favorite question...

...when I'm at work is. "Do you have any good books?". Now I know everyone has their definition of 'good' but really, if your in a library don't you think there would be at least 1 good book in the building? Reader's Advisory is one of my favorite parts of my job even though my reading tastes are limited to genre fiction and not literary works.
I even try to read new teen and junior books to keep up with what is available. As 'Queen of Romances' I always have recommendations from that genre and I also do pretty well with mysteries and suspense but don't ask me for a SciFi recommendation unless you are looking for paranormal or supernatural. (I know lot of vamp authors but they tend to be more romantic than horror)
So if anyone actually reads this blog and is looking for a 'good book' let me suggest a few authors. Tear Jerker/Jodi Picoult, Laugh-a-minutes/Janet Evanovich, Edge-of-your-seat Suspense/Sallie Bissell, Suspense with a touch of romance/Iris Johansen, Christian Suspense/Dee Henderson, Supernatural-Historical/Amanda Quick, Vampromance/Lindsay Sands, Supernatural-Suspense/Jayne Ann Krentz, Alpha-male Romances/Lori Foster, Historical-Romance/Johanna Lindsey, and all time favorite author Julie Garwood.
As you can tell I tend to skew towards female authors but I also like some James Patterson, Greg Ilse, Harlan Coben and James Grippando.

No comments: