Friday, April 24, 2009

What do you do when...

...those uncontrollable urges hit you? I'll find myself sitting on the couch probably watching TV while reading a book,(My version of multitasking)when the urge hits. I start feeling antsy, and the urge is all I can think about.
I try to distract myself but my TV show has gone to commercial, I can't remember where I left of in my book, and I can't think about anything but this overwhelming urge...to EAT! I know I should jump on the bike and pedal away from the urge but my stationary bike doesn't take me very far from the kitchen. I've also heard people say that if you don't satisfy that urge or craving you will end up eating more later. What they don't tell you is how to satisfy the urge that just wants to eat everything!
Are there really people out there who's first response to an eating urge is to eat veggies? Probably those Vegan and Vegetarian people but as a normal carnivore I can honestly say that veggies will never be my first choice. Even on those days that I force myself to be good and eat the veggies instead of the cookies, chips, ice cream, pretzels, cheese, crackers, chocolate, etc... I know that isn't going to satisfy the URGE.
I guess I'll have to find other answers to my urges because in all honesty they don't hit because I'm hungry but because of some other reason or emotion. My WW leader said that if hunger isn't the problem and food isn't the answer. I guess I better get better at discovering the real problem before I run to may favorite answers.

No comments: