Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I haven't died...

...yet! It's been been over 9 months since I've updated this blog. I could have had a baby in that amount of time but that would have required that S & M thing. (s*x and a man) Needless to say I'm still a happy single gal trying to make her mark on the world. It probably won't be through creative blog posts but you never know. Maybe some publisher out there will come across my blog and decide I have an amazing talent for the written word and they want to publish everything I can write. (LOL)
After waking up from that nightmare I'll remember why I'd much rather read than write. Getting to the books part of my blog I'm in the middle of a hysterical historical romance right now. I'd rather be reading it that writing actually. It is a first novel by Lisa Cooke, "Texas Hold Him" and has made me laugh out loud so much that people are giving me funny looks. (I probably should wait until I'm alone to finish it.)I don't often write about my current reading choices because even though I know I shouldn't care it still embarrasses me to say I read romances. I don't know why it does because romances are the epitome of the happy ending story. With everything going on around us, depressions, recessions and dodo's in office, happy endings are essential.
I often like my romances with a heart stopping amount of suspense thrown in, or maybe even a vampire or two, but most often it's going to be a humorous love story where the perfect or more often than not 'less than perfect' couple works through their problems and find happiness together. There are even a lot of romances that make me cry through the whole book. Robyn Carr is such an author with her Virgin River series, but for today I choose to laugh!

No comments: