Monday, October 01, 2007

What do I have to be happy about...

...should be everything! We've been doing a series in church on 5 ways to introduce people to Christ. One statement that keeps coming up and hitting me between the eyes is that my Christian Life should be exciting and joyful so that it would be attractive to non Christians. I guess that I usually think that my life is boring and my Christian life is choice and duty. My goal this month is is to find joy and excitement in my Christian life that spills into my everyday life and they become one and the same. When I really think about what God has blessed me with I know that there is absolutely no reason not to be excited about him every moment I just need to keep my mind on his blessings.
One blessing that I need to remind myself of regularly is that I'm able to walk and stand and even run slowly if the need is there. When it was discovered that I was born without a hip socket the doctor told my parents that as an adult I would not be able to stand for long periods of time and that I may need some type of assistance to walk. Even being overweight I can do the things that the doctor predicted I would not be able to do. Regular Chiropractic visit help keep me aligned and reduce problems and if I get some of my weight back off that will help also. God has given me this gift of mobility and when I think of friends who do not have that gift I'm ashamed at how much I take for granted. God loves me and that's something to be excited about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,
You may not be the most jovial person I know, but whenever I see you you are very pleasant and often finding humor (even if it is rather dry) in things. I will agree the Christian life is to be a a joyful one but I do not believe we are to be giddy or hilarious all the time. I say this, not to be contradicting anything the LORD has told you but rather to help clarify an often misundersood piece of theology.

Love You, AJ