Tuesday, October 09, 2007

If it's all in the attitude...

...then it's all controllable. I don't know if you believe that or not but I know for me that this last week has been good. Our lives come down to a series of choices and very little happens purely by chance. Yes there are things that are unexpected or uncontrollable but if you think about it and trace back the circumstances of the situation it will eventually come back to a choice you made.
My choice this last week was to look on the positive side of life and think about the good things God has done for me and less time on pity parties. Some things that made it easier is the fact that I took 3 vacation days and had friends for IN come up and visit me this weekend. It was very relaxing to sit around and visit without worrying about schedules and responsibilities.
That doesn't last forever and my next project, outside of work, is to organize the Christmas Program. Yes, it really is that time again! Anyone want to help?

1 comment:

Sally said...

Since I'm coming home a week and a half before when I suspect the program will be (December 23rd, right?), I'm not volunteering to help, but I will show up and be an attentive and enthusiastic audience member.

And if you want anyone to sing a Christmas carol in Ukrainian, I can do that. I just can't do anything that involves needing to be around before December 13. :)