Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Yes, it's hard to believe...

...but I'm posting again! I've embarked on a new goal oriented life that will hopefully help me lose weight, become more socially comfortable, and grow spiritually. One of my weekly goals is to update my blog weekly, so I'm getting a jump start on that habit.

Another habit I'm working on is to read my Bible daily. I was challenged to this during Family Camp and have decided that my Bible will be the first book I read each day. For those who aren't addicted to reading like me that might not be much of an incentive but since I won't let myself read any other book until I read my Bible I have found it to work. My problem is deciding where to start. I don't want to read books about the Bible so I'm doing straight from the Word reading and started in Acts but that wasn't very inspiring so I skipped to 1 John and have been really reading about LOVE! Oh the many aspects of that one simple word. I've been challenge to work on loving people that I really don't like.

Well my posting for today is done and I need to get away from my desk for a while or I will want to start eating and I'm not taking lunch until 1:00 or 1:30 so I need to go distract myself. I hope all is well with all you.

PS. someone asked about my court dates that I referred to a couple of postings ago. As far as the one for the library-he plead guilty and will be serving quite a bit of time. I pray that it will be a wake up call and he will make some major changes in his life. As for the bother-in-law he managed to lie like a rug to the judge and not even serve a full week for not paying a previous court fine. (Life just doesn't work out the way we wish it to but we need to remember that God is still in control)

No comments: