Thursday, August 17, 2006

One more day...

...and I'm out of here! Vacation sounds so good right now and even with a dozen kids going I think it will be fun. Okay maybe not quite a dozen but they will still outnumber the adults and 2 of them are under a year old. We are heading to Escanaba on Saturday and will spend a week in the beautiful U.P.

My brain has been enjoying its vacation from school and was very happy to earn two more A's for my summer classes. (If it wasn't for that silly A- in Cataloging I'd have my perfect 4.0) This falls class is going to be fun as I study children's literature for the preschool to 3rd graders. We only meet 5 times during the semester. The rest will be done online I guess.

Haven't had much time for reading as I'm trying to expand my narrow world. Mom and I try to go to the gym at least 3 times a week, sometimes 4 if we get a pool day in. One of my goals is to socialize at least once a month and that is a big goal as I'm pretty much withdrawn in social situations. This month I'm counting our S.S. Class party but I'm going to have to start thinking about September. Maybe I'll take a risk and invite people over for a dinner party or something. What I have managed to read lately has been more of Jillian Michaels book "Winning By Losing" and a couple of light paperbacks that haven't needed much thought.

Next month I plan to help start up a Women's Group at the church that will be a support and educational group helping with weight loss, spiritual nourishment, and making healthy choices. There are a few ladies that I already know about who would really like to have a group that they can confide in and get support from. I'm hoping it will help us all. I've managed to lose 10 pounds so far this month but still have problems with binge eating. Well I've probablly blabbed enough for today and next week I'll be in the U.P. so unless I get to their public library to add a posting I'll be back in two weeks.

No comments: