Tuesday, August 02, 2005

School's Out...

...schools out! A whole month with no classes or homework! Finally some time to read and relax. (Only in my dreams) Two top books on my list are required reading for a library program we are planning for next spring. We offer a Community Reads program and we are choosing the next book.
Plans are underway for the relocation of the Lucas households. We're praying that Bruce and Jen will hear back on their loan soon and that Greg and Jeanette will find the additional work/income to stay in Tennessee like they want to.
The library is hard at work raising money for a new building. Everyone who can needs to come to the Lakeview McDonalds on the 10th from 5-7 and order a weeks worth of food. (Bring your own bag because you have to make a eat in purchase.) Pam has started requesting authographed books for an auction and received 3 of Henry Winklers 'Hank Zipzer' series. (They are cool)
I am getting my feet wet in Grant Writing and I really don't like the water. We are trying to get an A/V Learning Center for the library which would provide a listening center for cassettes, CDs, and DVDs. I'm also working on one with the Greenville library to get a CD/DVD repair machine for the county libraries to share. (I don't like writing grants!!!!!)
Other aspects of my life are just as busy as always. I'm taking a sabatical from church duties in Sept-Dec as I will be taking 2 classes in Lansing. My classes will be Saturday and Monday so I will be spending the weekend with Uncle Doug and Aunt Nelda in Potterville. It will be a nice time to relax and keep my homework done.
No more to say for now. Would appreciate feedback on any of the books I've recommended. I forgot to add some to my humor section but if you want some laugh out loud Christian authors try Linda Windsor's "It had to be you" or "Along came Jones".

No comments: