Monday, August 15, 2005

It's Monday...

...and I can't wait till Friday. Yes I know I'm wishing my life away but the sooner the next two weeks go by the sooner I can take a vacation!!!!!!
The authors of Knightscares will be at the library tomorrow and we are expecting a fun program that will encourage kids to read. Wed. night our SS Class will be setting up for the church yard sale and that will run Thurs, Fri, and Sat. Mom, Dad and I will be working it Saturday and then the YA's will have a class party that night.
Library Yard Sale and Poker Walk will be the 27th, and then it's full time vacation after Celebration Sunday on the 28th. If my life is this busy why do I feel like I haven't accomplished anything?
Just finished Elizabeth Lowell's new book "Always Time to Die". Good suspense and I wasn't even 100% sure who the suspects were until the end. There was some genealogy and family history writing involved in the book but I enjoyed it anyway.
Next on my list is "Carpe Demon" by Julie Kenner. (She did a great job with 'Givenchy Code') and then on to the other 10 books I have stacked up at home. I'm trying to keep up with my teen and junior level reading by listening to them in the car. Right now I have "Bucking the Sarge" by Christopher Paul Curtis. (MI author from Flint) I have "Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy" by Gary D. Schmidt (MI author from Grand Rapids) for my vacation trip. I hope gas prices go down some before then! It just went up to $2.70 today and the lines were to long to wait in.
Bogus Thought: Why don't all cars and trucks have gas tanks on the same side? You know how difficult it is to wait for gas when the lines are going the wrong way! What am I suppose to do, go through the line in reverse just to get gas? I think we should start a petition that would require all vehicle manufactures to locate the gas tank filler on the same side! IS ANYONE WITH ME?

No comments: