Thursday, December 30, 2010

Out with the old...

...is that really what you want to do? You know those New Year adages, you've heard them most of your life."Out with the Old, In with the New", "New Year New Beginnings", etc... But what really has been so bad about the old year? Several blogs I follow have been posting about all the negative and terrible things that happened in 2010 and how they just hope that 2011 will not be a repeat.
Granted we never want to repeat the difficult times in our life, but at least we already know we can survive them. You may have faced financial, relational, emotional and physical difficulties in 2010 but if you are reading this then you are definitely still here. Sure it was tough and you didn't enjoy it, but CELEBRATE you are still here and should you face it again you know how to make it through.
For me there has been good times and bad time and sometimes those times came together. I saw my younger sister marry a decent man and seems to be happy with life. The downside of that is they moved to Florida for work and I miss my nephews. I started the year on a weight-loss triumph and end it back at the starting line knowing what I need to do and just waiting for my mind to shoot the starting pistol. We celebrated my Grandpa's 100th birthday this year and end it with him recovering from a broken leg and pneumonia. 2010 was a year of work too. TDL had another landmark year in our new building. Patron's continue to come and use the library's collections, computer, reading space, and free WI-FI. We have started new reader's advisory services including our "Let's Talk Books" blog. I have also started blogging for books at "Blogging for Books". I've discovered some new authors and TV shows I like. I'm adjusting to a new Pastor at church and learning to face 40 with welcoming arms. While my friends list may not be as long as my family list I've discovered that there is a lot of people who know and like me. (At least that's what facebook says!) One thing I will say about looking towards 2011 though is that I know there will be just as many trials, triumph, tears and touchdowns as there was in 2010.
Happy New Year and hold onto the memories of the Old Year.

No comments: