Friday, May 11, 2007

Here it is...

...only 3 weeks til June. That is one disadvantage of working in a library. With dating everything we are always thinking 3 weeks ahead and time disappears. Went to a wonderful Rural Library Conference earlier this week at the Grand Traverse Resort & Spa. Didn't do any Spa-ing but did enjoy the accommodations and food. The Gates Foundation sponsored the event and paid for everything but the rooms. It was part of a Rural Library Sustainability project that they have been taking to all of the states.

On a personal note I'm still waiting for my diploma to show up. I got a congratulations letter from my State Rep, Judy Emmons on my graduation from Wayne State. I thought that was a very nice touch for a governmental person. I have enjoyed reading Michael Spradlin's Spy Goddess books. He's a Michigan author who writes for teens. I also really enjoyed Amanda Quick's (Jayne Ann Krentz) new book "The River Knows". It was like reading some of her earlier novels without the paranormal side of it.

No comments: