Tuesday, April 04, 2006

And you thought...

...libraries were boring? How wrong you are! If you could have been here yesterday you would have had enough excitement for the month!

It all began when I parked in the employee parking lot and noticed the back doorframe had been ripped off. I then had to find an employee who had their key to the front door and then come in and call the police. The local police chief came and took pictures. At that time we thought there was only change collected for the new library missing but after he left we realized that they also hit our petty cash, postage, booksale, and Community Center money getting close to $300 worth.

After I moved my car to the back lot again I noticed the big hole in our bick wall that had been torn out to make a tunnel through the wall. (I can only assume that they thought that wall entered a different building because they had already broken through the library door.) Later that day I realized that they had also broken into someones storage barn behind the library and had to talk to the police for a 3rd time.

With all the excitement and stress it was good to get the call last night hearing the the suspects had been caught. I haven't heard anything yet today but our boss who is off enjoying a relaxing vacation did send us flowers to lift our spirits after the mess of yesterday.

Life is back to normal or as close to it as it gets!

No comments: