Friday, June 10, 2011

Oh my goodness....

...Christie Craig commented on my blog!!! I feel recognized by royalty! There is some kind of awe I feel for authors who have a deft hand at combining humor, romance, a touch of suspense and even a flash of the paranormal. When I first discovered Christie Craig's books the library already owned 3-4 of them yet I had not tried any. Being the paperback romance queen of the library you would think that I had read at least one of each author but alas there are too many books and too many authors so I grab author's I know and titles that catch my attention.
That's what caught my attention with Craig's book "Weddings Can be Murder". As an almost 40 year old 'spinster' weddings are never something I enjoy and only go if they are close family or lifetime friends so I thought this book was right up my alley. Needless to say within 2 weeks I had checked out and read every Christie Craig book our library had and submitted order recommendations for those we didn't. Even her foray into YA lit under the name C.C. Hunter was a great teen paranormal story.
So all of this gushing and you are probably wondering why she posted on my blog to begin with...in an ever widen hope of winning something cool I entered a contest on an awesome blog: killerfictionwriters.blogspot.com which has some of the funniest authors in the mystery/romance genre that I've read and I actually won!!!! My life once again is good. BTW one of the prizes I won was a $10 B&N gift card and if you read my last post you know I just bought a nook. E-books here I come!

No comments: