Friday, January 13, 2006

Yes, Jeanette...

...I remembered. As my sister reminded me yesterday it has been a long time since I updated my blog so here is the 411 of my life since Dec. 16th.

I aced both my classed and was happy to be done with them. The Christmas season was really special although I missed not having the whole family together. I had a new nephew born on Christmas day and he arrived health and whole.

My new year didn't bring new changes right away but on the 7th I decided to do something about the shape I'm in. After watching the changes on The Biggest Loser, and reading several articles in Your Diet Magazine, I decided that if they can do I can do it too. So I am currently on the 7th day of a new 'diet' (I hate that word) where I'm counting calories, eating more small meals throughout the day, and trying to do some form of physical activity each day. (Even if it's walking through Wal-Mart and Meijers for an hour!)

I pray regularly that God will help me see success this time around the weight loss program. Last night I blew it and ate more than a days worth of calories in one meal but I went home and exercised and then got right back on track today. It doesn't pay to hate myself for failing but to be encouraged that I didn't give up!

With the time I'm using to prepare menus and meals I've had less time to read. I've started keeping a record of books I've read this year. One of the better ones I've read is Iris Johansen's new one On the Run. It wasn't as great as some of her earlier suspense ones but it was definately better than her last two. Other books that I have read this year have been fun romances without a lot of depth. (I love those kind) In Sunday School we are doing the book Captivating: understanding the heart of women. It's pretty good but I missed a lot of it while staying in Lansing for classes.

I will try to keep this updated more often and maybe get around to posting pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cheryl, good to see you finally had the time. i'm taking a couple minutes here just to let you know that i've read it and you aren't doing the blog in vain!!
we are well, going to ohio to the frump "christmas" get together this weekend. hope i have the stamina to keep up with the travelling and family "dramas".
take care, jeanette